Whether you are a first time tenant or you have previously rented, we are here to help. We will always try to establish your exact requirements so that we can match you with the properties that fit your criteria and your budget. We also spend time with our Landlords to establish their requirements. This means that we will not make appointments for you to view properties that may not be suitable and therefore we will not waste your time.
We value our tenants and believe that happy tenants will be long term tenants. This also pleases our Landlords.
About ARLA Propertymark
ARLA Propertymark protects and guides consumers, helping tenants and landlords to find and manage their treasured homes. They work to raise professional standards among letting agents from single branch independents to large national groups, promoting education and qualifications within the sector. Nearly 9,000 letting agents are ARLA Propertymark Protected, meeting higher standards than the law demands and through this we offer greater protection to consumers.
ARLA evolved into ARLA Propertymark in February 2017, working with sister organisations NAEA Propertymark, ARLA Inventories and Propertymark Qualifications to improve the choices available to consumers. By holding our members accountable and by empowering consumers with knowledge and advice, they protect consumers and their money.
They aim to reassure all of those renting and letting out property that agents who display the Propertymark Protected logo offer better protection for their clients: Client Money Protection, Professional Indemnity insurance, membership of an independent redress scheme. Members are also subject to Propertymark Conduct and Membership Rules and disciplinary procedures with sanctions for those who fall below the expected standards. Anyone using an agent displaying the Propertymark Protected logo will be confident that their agent is guiding them on their property journey.
What makes ARLA Propertymark Protected Members Different?
- Backed by Propertymark Client Money Protection scheme. Details of our Client Money Handling Procedures are covered in the Propertymark Conduct and Membership Rules that can be found at: www.propertymark.co.uk/working-in-the-industry/member-requirements (A hard copy is available on request)
- Experienced and trained professionals required to undertake regular training
- Up to date with complex legislative changes and best practice
- Adhere to nationally recognised Code of Practice
- Submit independently audited accounts to Propertymark annually
- Membership of an independent redress scheme
- Professional indemnity insurance
- You register with us. Please be specific in your exact requirements so that we only show you properties that will suit your requirements. You can either complete the ‘register with us’ section on this website, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01277 523358.
- We will contact you with details of any suitable properties that we have available. Tenants requirements change quite quickly, so if you do require something different or have found a suitable property, please let us know.
- If we have a property that you would like to view we will normally meet you at the property. Our appointment times are flexible to fit in with you. If you can’t view something in normal office hours, then we are normally available for evening and weekend viewings by appointment.
- When you have found something with us that you would like to rent, we will request some basic information from you so that we know whether you are likely to pass our referencing criteria and this will also enable us to discuss your tenancy application with the Landlord.
- If the Landlord is happy to proceed we will ask you to pay a refundable holding deposit to secure the property and we will then begin referencing. If the Landlord requires a rent insurance policy then the referencing will be carried out by the insurance provider. If the Landlord does not require such a policy then we may carry out our own referencing. Standard referencing will normally include a Landlords reference, employers reference, accountants reference and/or copies of self-assessment returns and accounts (if self-employed), a credit check and right to rent and proof of address checks
- Copies of references will be forwarded to the Landlord for approval and in some cases a Landlord may ask to meet you.
- When the Landlord is happy to proceed with the tenancy we will confirm the start date of the tenancy and send to you the proposed tenancy agreement so that you can check that your details are correct.
- You will need to transfer to us the balance of monies due at the commencement of the tenancy at least 2-3 working days before the proposed start date of the tenancy.
- On the start date of the tenancy we will meet you at the property to check you in with the inventory, take meter readings, provide a set of keys for every adult tenant and leave you to move in to your new home.
If we are managing the property, we will be your point of contact with any issues throughout the tenancy. If the Landlord is managing the property themselves, we will provide full contact details for the Landlord and their bank details for future rent payments.